Insulate Your Basement & Save Money
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, it is energy and cost efficient to insulate your basement. Properly insulating your basement walls can save you money on heating and make for a more livable basement space. It can also help prevent moisture issues and high humidity levels that can lead to hazardous mold growth and indoor air quality issues in your house.
At WMGB, our ECOCELL and spray foam basement insulation services can help you protect your basement and, by extension, the rest of your home as well.
Interior Basement Insulation
Interior basement wall insulation is used on existing homes as it is less expensive and invasive to your existing walls. In addition to cost savings during installation, the benefits of interior basement wall insulation include:
- Use of a variety of insulation materials
- Significantly reduced chance of insect infestation
- Can be painted over for a finished look
- Can be installed before stud walls for consistent thermal protection
Types of Basement Insulation
Depending on the surface area and the unique characteristics of the house we’re working on, we have a variety of insulation types we can use in a basement. Spray foam insulation can be used for rim joists and for air sealing. For basement walls, we use a product called ECOCELL, which are pre-formed sheets or batts of cellulose insulation. ECOCELL is:
- Made from 70% recycled materials
- Is fire-rated and mold resistant
- Dries faster than any other basement wall insulation on the market
Consider these facts when installing interior basement wall, basement ceiling, or basement floor insulation:
- Some insulation types release toxic gases on ignition, so they require a fire-rated covering
- Even if it’s only a few inches, interior basement wall insulation typically reduces the size of your basement area
- The insulation may become saturated through the foundation by moisture if your home has poor drainage issues
- Superior air sealing measures should be taken to ensure adequate insulation
Contact Us for a FREE Quote on Basement Insulation Near You
WMGB can assure your basement wall, basement floor, or basement ceiling insulation is properly installed. Give us a call today to speak with our home improvement specialists and ask about scheduling a home energy audit to see if your basement could use an insulation upgrade today!