Crawl Space Encapsulation
An unfinished crawl space in your Grand Rapids, MI home can present costly challenges to your pocket book and overall comfort. If your crawl space has moisture issues, you could have mold as well as a decrease in your home’s energy efficiency. With an encapsulated crawl space, your finished crawl space can result in a greener, healthier and more energy-efficient home.
Benefits of Encapsulating Your Crawl Space
- Lower energy bills – studies show that homeowners can realize savings of 15% in their energy bills.
- Increased comfort – no more cold floors above your crawl space.
- Improved air quality – an encapsulated crawl space will eliminate moisture-related issues and smells.
How to Encapsulate Your Crawl Space
There are a series of steps required to properly encapsulate your Grand Rapids, MI crawl space. Our highly-trained installers can recommend the right methods and types of encapsulation for your crawl space.
Is Your Crawl Space’s Condition Appropriate for Encapsulating?
First we will determine that the current condition of your crawl space is ready for an encapsulation project. For example, if there are unaddressed water issues, you’ll want to address these problems before proceeding with encapsulation.
- Apply a Vapor BarrierThe first part of the encapsulation is applying a plastic liner to the ground of the crawl space, separating the moisture of the earth from the house.
- Air SealOnce sealed with the liner, the crawlspace is air sealed. Significant amounts of air from the outside will lead into a typical crawlspace, chilling the floors in the winter time. These leaks are also a path for humid air in the summertime to enter and cause moisture issues. Trained installers find and seal these leaks.
- Apply InsulationFinally, there are different types and methods for insulation and we’ll recommend a crawl space insulation option that is best for your specific situation and budget. We will also apply insulation and the proper seals to exterior access doors of the crawl space.
Get a FREE Crawl Space Encapsulation Quote
Contact us today at (616) 243-3700 to schedule a free, no-obligation estimate or to find out more about crawl space encapsulation in Grand Rapids, Lansing and the surrounding areas. You can also use our convenient online request form.