Basement Egress Window Wells
Basement Egress window wells for Grand Rapids area homes are installed for a few important reasons:
- To hold back the soil so that you can get in and out of your egress window.
- Provide a safe path in and out of your egress windows.
There are certain regulations for them. For instance, they need to be a minimum of 9 square feet and a minimum inside projection of 36”, basically so fireman with a backpack can get to and through the window and opening.
We offer 3 main brands of manufactured type window wells and we can also custom build a landscaped one for you. The brands are:
- Boman Kemp, one of the oldest manufacturers of basement egress wells. They are also one of the most economical types of egress wells. Boman Kemp wells are built of 18 gauge galvanized steel, they come either bright white powder coated or with a “Stacked Stone” pattern. They come with a ladder that needs to be permanently mounted. They come in many sizes.
- RockWell window wells, one of the largest standard sized wells out there. One of the nicest things about that is the larger the well the more light that comes in the basement, making it seem a lot less like basement. RockWell wells are made with a high strength rigid composite that is rust & rot proof and does not require pea gravel for backfill. It comes in gray and tan with the look and feel of real stone. They have steps already built in to the well.
- Lastly there are custom landscaped wells. They are designed around the look and feel of your yard and typically include either boulders or landscaped stone.
- Bilco Wells are one of the fastest and least expensive ways to add code-compliant emergency egress to any basement area. The unique grip/step design features a convenient handle and step for easy access. It’s constructed of maintenance-free materials that will never rust, rot, or need replacing. Of course, it looks great. Allows natural daylight into lower-level living areas. Soft earth tone color complements the basement interior.
A note about egress well covers; all manufacturers make a cover for their well. The covers are typically made strong enough to walk on in case you did not see the well, like at night. Some require a grate to help support the cover. Covers are great at keeping the leaves and snow out of the egress well to greatly help in maintenance of your window well.
FREE Egress Basement Window Well Estimate
When you need a certified basement egress window well installed for your Grand Rapids, Grand Haven or Holland home, you can rely on WMGB Home Improvement. Contact us at (616) 243-3700 for more details or to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. You can also use our convenient online request form.